Monday, September 20, 2010

JACK TATUM WOULD BE PROUD






Marcio Jose Sanchez / Associated Press
Raiders rookie Rolando McClain drives Rams receiver Danny Amendola into the ground following a reception.

I came out of my seat when I watched RAIDERS rookie Rolando McClain violently hurl Danny Amendola over his head and slam him to the turf Sunday. It was fantastic. It is what the RAIDERS teams I became a fan of growing up were all about. Plays like this one by McClain are outlawed in today's soft, pretty-boy NFL, but McClain channeled his inner Jack Tatum and unleashed the BEAST on Amendola. Of course, McClain was flagged on the play, but he and his teammates did not seem to mind. My opinion, TAKE THE FLAG and SEND A MESSAGE that nothing easy is going to be allowed any longer. McClain soaked in the cheers as RAIDER Nation roared and I am thrilled to be counted among those in silver and black that welcome this type of attitude back to our team.

No comments: