Saturday, October 1, 2011

A WONDERFUL BULLDOG SATURDAY




Ali and I made our first trip of the season to see the DAWGS play “between the hedges” today and a more perfect day you will never find. The first day of October brought wonderfully clear and crisp weather to Athens with blue skies that literally went on forever. You don’t have to be a young Georgia pup for that to put a bounce in your step. Mississippi State was the opponent on this day and the DAWGS dispatched the bizarro ‘dogs just as we all had hoped they would. Everything was vivid and brilliant from the tailgates dotting our beautiful campus to the Georgia red that seemed to glisten in a sun-splashed Sanford Stadium. Georgia played pretty well and our team got the win, but today was special and there was more to be had than just another “W”. Athens and the University of Georgia are special places in this world and it was good to be home. My Bulldawg Belle was by my side and all was right with the world. There are few days in the world of “fanhood” that allow for the type of brilliance and wonderment that this day afforded the DAWG Nation and friends, we should recognize and take advantage of them every chance we get. I love my university, I love my team and I love my life. From one very lucky DAWG to all of my Georgia people…Nation, I hope you made a memory or two today.

Glory, Glory.

No comments: